Aside from being widely known as the Land of the Midnight Sun, the Roof of the World, the Land of the Vikings, and the Home of the Nobel Peace Prize, Norway is also famous for its business sector. From seafood to seafaring, and in many other business areas, Norwegians have fared well and are considered global leaders. Norwegian businesses have been very active in Asia for so many years, building and forging partnerships and growing with their partners in this part of the world.
In order to achieve synergy in the pursuit of business aspirations and likewise provide for a venue for knowledge and cultural exchange, Norwegians have formed business councils and/or chambers with their local partners and counterparts in many Asian countries. In the Philippines, PNBC was established in 2010, in close coordination with the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Manila.
Below are the other organizations in Asia, and the links to their websites:
- Norwegian Business Association (Singapore) www.nbas.org.sg
- Malaysia Norway Business Council www.mnbc.com.my or www.roxar.com
- Indonesia Norway Business Council www.inbc.or.id
- Norwegian Chamber of Commerce Hongkong www.ncchk.org.hk
- Thai Norway Chamber of Commerce www.norcham.com
- Norwegian Business Forum Beijing www.nbfchina.com
- The Norwegian Business Association, Shanghai Region www.nbash.com
- The Norwegian Chamber of Commerce, Japan (NCCJ) www.nccj.or.jp
- The Norwegian Business Association (NBA), Korea www.norway.or.kr
- The Indo-Norwegian Business Council (currently being established)
- Norwegian Business Forum, Dhaka (NBF)