We are delighted to announce that the sixth edition of the Norway-Asia Business Summit is taking place in Singapore 12-14 April 2016. Started by the Norwegian Business Association (Singapore) in 1998, the Norway-Asia Business Summit has evolved into a meeting place for Norwegian industry in the region, the support apparatus of the Norwegian government and the diplomatic missions in the region and as such it truly represents the “Team Norway” concept.
As always, the Summit will present opportunities for Norwegian companies in the region, as well as for colleagues coming from Norway, for a rich mix of discussions on business in Asia, Asian economics and Asian politics. The aim is to strengthen the competitiveness of Norwegian businesses in Asia through increased knowledge of political and economic trends, as well as market development in the region.
The main topics for next year’s summit are shipping, offshore and energy. Singapore was recently recognized as the world’s most important maritime centre, followed by Oslo in third place. Singapore also holds a strong position in offshore oil and gas and provides access to important growth markets in the region. These are believed to be the reasons why Singapore has the biggest concentration of Norwegian businesses within Asia. The summit will also give attention to successful entrepreneurship in Asia, and to the ASEAN region, especially on how Norwegian businesses can benefit from Norway’s new partnership with ASEAN.
Some of our confirmed contributors include:
- Kristin Skogen Lund, Director General, Confederation of Norwegian Enterprises (NHO)
- Anita Krohn Traaseth, Chief Executive Officer, Innovation Norway
- Esben Poulsson, President, Singapore Shipping Association
- Walter Qvam, Chief Executive Officer, Kongsberg Group
- Michael Chia, Managing Director, Keppel Offshore & Marine
- Sturla Henriksen, Chief Executive Officer, Norwegian Shipowners’ Association
- S.S. Teo, Managing Director, Pacific International Lines
- Mary Boyd, Director, The Economist
- Julian Bray, Editor-in-Chief, TradeWinds
- Oliver Tonby, Managing Partner, McKinsey & Company
- The summit’s website http://norway-asia.com/ will continually be updated as new information and programme is available.
Participating in the summit will better prepare you and your company to handle the challenges and benefits of the great opportunities that lie within Asian markets. We are expecting some 250 participants from Norway and all of Asia. The summit will be held at the iconic landmark hotel The Fullerton.
Mark your calendars now, we hope to see you in Singapore 12-14 April 2016!